How to: Adjust plot execution on charts
If you do not want to view your order executions plotted on your chart you can disable them by following these steps:
- From your chart click the Data Series button, or right-click on your chart and choose Data Series...
- Scroll to the bottom to Plot executions and select how you want your trades to be plotted on this particular chart.
- Text and marker will display an arrow and text that includes the execution type, lot size, and price.
- Marker only will only display an arrow wherever you made executions.
- Do not plot will remove any execution markers on your chart.
How to: Add an instrument
If you do not have a product that you want to trade currently in your Instrument List you can quickly add it in NinjaTrader 8 by following the instructions below:
- From the Control Center click on the Tools menu and choose Instrument List.
- In the Lists column click on Futures.
- At the bottom of the Instruments column click 'add'.
- Type in the symbol of the futures product you want to add followed by the contract month and click 'enter' on your keyboard.
- For example, the May 2017 Crude Oil contract would be entered as 'CL 05-17'.
- You can find the symbols and active contact months from our list of permitted products here.
How to: Reset instruments
If you ever needed to restore the Instruments to default settings you can do so via the NinjaTrader Control Center Tools menu and accessing Database. In the Database window, click on Update in the Update instruments list. For more information on the Database window please see the Database section of NinjaTrader's help guide.