If you do not have a product you want to trade currently in your Instrument List you can quickly add it in NinjaTrader 8 by following the instructions below:
- From the Control Center click on the Tools menu and choose Instrument List.
- In the Lists column click on Futures.
- At the bottom of the Instruments column click 'add'.
- Type in the symbol of the futures product you want to add followed by the contract month and click 'enter' on your keyboard.
- For example, the May 2017 Crude Oil contract would be entered as 'CL 05-17'.
- You can find the symbols and active contact months from our list of permitted products here.