NinjaTrader is meant to be used with a windows system. However, if you are using an Apple product there are some options for you. Please see below:
NinjaTrader-Mac Installation Options
NinjaTrader is a Windows application which relies on the .NET Framework to operate and the .NET Framework is only available on Windows Operating System and DOES NOT run on the Mac Operating System. While we do not officially support running NinjaTrader on a Mac; we have had many clients run NinjaTrader on Mac hardware.
We have specific installation instructions for Parallels and VMWare Fusion which will allow you to run NinjaTrader on your Mac. Below you will find instructions specific to the available options of running NinjaTrader on a Mac computer with the virtualization tools. Please note that Windows is sold separately from BootCamp, Parallels, and VMWare.
Mac Installation - Configuring NinjaTrader for Parallels
When installing NinjaTrader on a Mac using Parallels users will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.
- Start Parallels and select your virtual machine
- Press the "Configure" button on the top
- Under "Options", select "Sharing"
- Uncheck "Share Mac" under "Share Mac User Folders with Windows"
- Press "OK" and start the virtual machine
Mac Installation - Configuring NinjaTrader for VMWare Fusion:
When configuring NinjaTrader on a Mac running VMWare, users will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.
- Start VMWare and select your virtual machine
- Press the "Settings" button on the bottom
- Under "System Settings", select "Sharing"
- Uncheck "Documents" from the "Mirrored Folders" list
- Close the "Settings" window and start the virtual machine
Mac Installation - Configuring NinjaTrader for Apple Boot Camp:
When configuring NinjaTrader on a Mac running Apple Boot Camp, there are no special instructions needed.